martedì 1 novembre 2016

Earthquakes in Central Italy Donations through the Civil Protection Department

Dear Friends,

I am certain that each of us is participating with small contributions to assist the populations hit by the immense tragedy of the earthquakes in Italy.

I have seen two fund raising channels for the victims of the earthquake, and I would like to share these with you for your your information, even if I am aware that there are many other organizations that are collecting donations for this cause.

I must confess that I was surprised at the modest amount of funds collected through these two channels so far, considering the magnitude of the tragedy which inevitably calls on our moral obligation for individual solidarity, in addition to that of the institutions, which are acting promptly and with determination at all levels.

If each Italian in the middle and upper middle range of income (over 40 million Italians) would make a donation of at least 100 Euros, it would be possible to collect from individual citizens at least 4 billion Euros.

I hope that each of us, in addition to doing their part (of which I am certain), will contribute in spreading this message of solidarity amongst our circles of friends and contacts.
I hope that the Companies that work on the national territory will devolve a portion of their profits to this effort of solidarity (for example 1% of this year’s profits before taxes).http://www.protezionecivile.gov.it/jcms/it/donazioni_denaro_sisma_2016.wp


I hope that the Government will impose a lump sum tax on high end taxpayers for the reconstruction of the areas hit by the earthquake and the securing of regions at high seismic risk.


I hope that every Italian at the individual and Institutional level will react as a supportive People and Nation, to come in aid of the victims and for a rapid reconstruction of devastated areas.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Nota. Solo i membri di questo blog possono postare un commento.